What is breast enlargement surgery?
Commonly referred to as a boob job, breast enlargement or augmentation mammaplasty surgery increases the size of the breasts by placing an artificial implant beneath the breast to reshape and increase the breast contours.
Enhancing your appearance with breast enlargement
Breast enlargement surgery is typically considered when the normal development of the breasts results in a size that is less than a woman wishes. In addition, a woman’s breasts often change over time and can lose their youthful shape and volume as the result of:
- Weight changes
Breast enlargement surgery may also be considered as an option for correction of a significant mismatch between the sizes of the breasts.
What breast enlargement surgery won’t do
Breast enlargement surgery does not correct significant drooping of the breasts and may, in fact, make their appearance worse if the drooping itself is not corrected with breast lift surgery.
Is breast enlargement right for me?
Breast enlargement surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
A breast enlargement may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy and maintaining a stable weight
- You have realistic expectations
- You are bothered by the small size of your breasts
- Your breasts have lost volume and size as the result of one of several factors such as those noted above.
- Your skin and chest muscle tone is generally good
- You do not already have significant drooping of your breasts